Sometimes too much time passes before I write. Life gets busy for everyone and lately it’s been a little hectic but wonderful at the same time!
Trying to put together a race is a lot of hard work! Advertising for this race has been even harder. But I know it will be such a fun race!
Our store is moving to a new location. The process of everything is blowing my mind. I am learning so much and am so grateful for this opportunity. Being in charge of choosing paint, carpet, and design is a little stressful but it’s fun!
- Meal prepping has been my favorite activity lately. I definitely go through phases but what wont change is my love for planning the meals out and especially the grocery shopping. Almost everything about it. Minus the dishes.
- I eat a lot of salads. It is my favorite way to get my greens in!
- Meat lately has not been my favorite. Seafood on the other hand- – keep it coming!
- There’s to my phases theme again. I’ve loved my veggies though!
- Sugar cookies have been getting my through my long runs. The thought of enjoying one after my run makes the 3 hour runs worth it!
- I have finally decided (after 3 trips) which place has the best sugar cookies (between Swig & Slurp) The winner is Slurp! Both are great though!
- I try to keep my eating to be 85-90% clean and 10-15% indulgent! It is what makes me happy!
- I know this seems cliche but I don’t eat healthy just because. I actually enjoy the foods I am eating.
- If I am craving something then I’ll eat it! i.e. the bagel from Einsteins.
- Leo will not leave me alone when I am eating. It drives me nuts! I always give in and give him something and I know that won’t help him learn.
- Having a stocked fridge makes me extremely happy!
- I know what I can and cannot have in my fridge and pantry.
List of can NOTS:
- Nut Butters
- Frozen Yogurt
- The desserts I make even though they are healthy: I make them so I can have 1-2 then I give them away! It’s a win win right?
My week typically looks like this in preparation of my marathon. I need to get back to my weekly speed training. I’ve actually missed them! Never thought I would say that.
- M: Cycle and arm/back workout
- T & Th: Pump class twice a week then 3 miles before class and 3 after
- W: Cycle class and tone it up workout schedule
- F: Yoga or Spin
- S: Long runs
The pump classes have changed everything! I absolutely love going to them and my arms are already seeing a lot of change. I love working my back and this class really involves the back with every other body part. The classes work my legs without getting too sore for my long runs. It is a hard balance to lift and excel in long distance running. Thursdays’ pump class always kick my butt! Then I always follow the Tone It Up workouts! I joined a few years ago and I love the community. You are a life time member and it is definitely worth it to me!
I am learning so much about myself. I’m all for analyzing my behavior and actions. I try to be and do better each day. I love making goals and accomplishing them. Of course I struggle with some of the goals like every other human being. I am far from perfect and that is important to recognize. I don’t try to show myself as a perfect person. It is hard since I can be a perfectionist. I am slowly learning to love myself for who I am and focus on the things I can change and not on the things I can’t. This is still hard for me to realize and I still struggle daily. Brown haired boy helps me a lot and I can’t imagine a day without him.
The biggest thing is the fact that keeping a positive attitude goes a long way. I am the type of person who cannot hide my feelings. It shows all over my face. I’ve always distinguished myself and probably a little too proud of is being “Real” but I have now realized that it is possible to take it too far. There is a time and place for that whereas the idea of, “faking it until you make it,” is necessary sometimes. As much as I don’t like that idea its just what grown ups have to do sometimes! I am almost 25, and I know that is far from old but there are some grown up things that I do need to apply to my life.
The things you admire most about others usually are your weaknesses. I always admire how the positive attitudes of some of the people I meet. That is my weakness. I am not saying I am not positive. I just struggle, when things are hard, to keep smiling. That shows lack of gratitude and I would hate it if that was considered a characteristic of mine.
I am grateful. For my Husband, family, my faith, job, friends, and especially for the power of forgiveness and the ability to change.